I’ve been inspired by my fellow makers on Instagram to do a post giving you a glimpse into the maker behind the projects. Welcome to #makermonday! So, here, in no random order, are 10 random things about me.
1. Despite my smiling face in the above photo, I detest winter. I hate having to wear 8 layers to walk out of the house. Plus, when it get’s dark at 4:30, I want to curl into my bed and hibernate.
2. I love live music and I’ve been to about 75 concerts. I’ve seen John Mayer 9 times and Pearl Jam 6 times.
3. I’m obsessed with “old” things. I KNOW that I romanticize the past, but I like it that way. Since I was little, I’ve always loved pretending to be in different time periods. This has led to many attempts to set my hair in pursuit of 1940s curls.
4. I just started a new career as a children’s librarian! This means I’m currently balancing my small business, a new career, and I’ll be starting grad school in a few months. Yikes!
5. I’m a Hufflepuff through and through. I’m a huge Harry Potter fan and usually re-read the series once a year. I haven’t gone to Wizarding World of Harry Potter YET, but I hope to get there next year.
6. Besides crocheting, my favorite way to relax is to read or do some creative writing. I really enjoy using Hoopla to listen to audiobooks while I crochet.
7. I participate in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) every year. It’s an insane challenge to write a 50,000 word novel between November 1 and November 30. I’ve only “won” twice, but I enjoy it even when I don’t reach my goal.
8. I drink my coffee black. My husband (who has requested to be called “The Cowboy” because he thinks that’s what Pioneer Woman calls her husband…) makes the best coffee. He fresh grinds the beans and uses the french press and it’s just divine. I love that I get to hang around a couple mornings a week with this new job and enjoy cup of coffee with him.
9. I have a dog and a bunny. My dog’s name is Maxwell and my bunny is Sergeant Pepper. They have a bromance going on.
10. I’ve gone skydiving. I worked as a summer camp counselor one year and there were two days off between the sessions. About 15-20 of us staffers decided to go together. It was a lot of fun, though much colder than I thought it would be. I definitely recommend it!
So that’s all for today folks. I’ll be back on Wednesday with a really cute, vintage inspired pattern I’ve been working on.
Let me know some random facts about yourself in the comments below!